The Carrington Hotel has an involvement with a number of community initiatives and events as well as supporting local business where possible.
Under the current ownership, the hotel has projected itself as a community leader creating a positive and productive vibe for Katoomba, welcoming community meetings and gatherings in the absence of a town hall or square, and being involved with or supporting a wide range of community activities such as:
- Blue Mountains Economic Enterprise
- Blue Mountains Toastmasters
- Cittaslow, Katoomba, Blue Mountains
- Darkroom Photography
- Katoomba Chamber of Commerce & Community
- KatoombaTheatre Company
- Pecha Kucha Blue Mountains
- Slow Food Blue Mountains #
- The Carringtonians (poets and writers group)
- Women with Altitude
The Carrington also hosts a number of charity and/or fund raising events throughout the year including:
- Blue Mountains Cancer Help's biennial ArtyBra Charity Auction which invites local artists and celebrities to create bra related items which are auctioned to raise money for breast cancer.
- Lady Luck Festival: raises funds for the Black Dog Institute - dedicated to improving the lives of people affected by mood disorders.
- Melbourne Cup Luncheon: proceeds are donated by The Carrington Hotel to a not for profit organization and past recipients include:
- Wines Of The West Festival: promotes regional wineries from Central West NSW and supporting the Katoomba Chamber Of Commerce and Community.
# The Carrington Hotel is a strong supporter of the Slow Food movement which promotes the ideals of a sustainable future, emphasising regional and traditional cuisine. The Hotel hosts at least one Slow Food Blue Mountains' event each year. Find out more: www.slowfoodbluemountains.com.au
See the annual events staged at The Carrington Hotel as more examples of our commitment to the local community.