Recycling & Reducing Waste
Waste avoidance and recycling is important for reducing costs and minimising rubbish being sent to landfill. Our commitment to the environment has resulted in more than 8,000 litres of waste being recycled from The Carrington Hotel each week including:
- Cardboard, paper, magazines, newspapers, office paper
- Glass bottles and jars
- Steel and aluminum cans
Office paper is re-used as much as possible before finally reaching the recycling bin, whilst printer ink cartridges are recycled by a local supplier.
These methods have reduced the hotel's landfill waste by 40%.
The Carrington Hotel is very selective about advertising in print media and chooses not to advertise in printed telephone directories. You have found us online, and our staff are waiting to take your call now - 4782 1111.
It is also hotel policy to source bio-degradeable products for all events including major festivals held at The Carrington.
In the Kitchen
The Carrington Hotel has two functioning kitchens. It is the aim of staff and the hotel alike to source local products where possible and reduce wastage through the following methods;
- All viable vegetable scraps are passed onto local poultry suppliers
- Our Chefs shop weekly in local and city markets and from local suppliers for fresh produce and seasonal products to ensure the fresh long life of products
- Excess food products are sealed in cryovac packaging, which prolongs the life and keeps the food fresh
- All kitchen oils are recycled through a local supplier
- The kitchens uses free range eggs in all products, the eggs are sourced from a local company.